Ruins of Azreon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruins of Azreon

Through the ashes of defeat, greatness rises once more

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Morning Star
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 am by Broken Hearted Desire

» Frozen Sunset
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:59 am by Broken Hearted Desire

» Guarding Of The Messenger
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 am by Broken Hearted Desire

» Lily Child
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:37 pm by Broken Hearted Desire

» Crystal Lake
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:29 am by Broken Hearted Desire

» Long First Day
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:33 pm by Roe

» Untimely arrival
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm by Roe

» Do Not Feed IT Anymore...
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:32 pm by Blackfyre

» Music IS my life...
Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:41 am by Dust Killagin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum
Free Teen Chat

Morning Star

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Gold : 5740

Morning Star - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:19 am

Saki laughed, turning to walk away. She looked back to find that the male was still stood in the same spot, a look of bewilderment still on his face. "I hope he doesn't tell too many people. It wouldn't do us well." She looked down at the wolf and smiled. "I really am sorry, you know. It's been a while since me, or my family, have fed. I never want to hurt any one," she muttered finally. Twirling at a piece of hair that had fallen in front of her eyes, she looked up towards the sky. "It's a fine day Exuro. We should get to the stalls quickly," she said, her pace quickening.
Back to top Go down
Blackfyre
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Blackfyre

Gold : 5601

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Exuro easily kept the pace beside her, taili moving from side to side as he walked. "If you need to feed I would suggest the alchemist stalls. They keep blood on tap for cures. Or the barbers, they let veins. They'll probably let you drink for free. It won't be the freshest but it'll dull your hunger." He tolf her, ambling up to a near by stall, glancing over the goods.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:33 am

Saki looked down at the wolf and gave him a warm smile. "Thank you, Exuro. If it weren't for you, Luka and..." Saki hesitated to say the name, a lump appearing in her throat. She gave a light cough, as if to clear her throat. "And Koda, I would still be the heartless hunter I always used to be. It wasn't a good life and I appreciate everything you have all done for me." Exuro's size allowed Saki to tangle her fingers in his soft fur and that she did, out of appreciation.
"Now, let's get to those traders! And after that we can attempt to purchase a blood supply for me, Amaya and Mother."
Back to top Go down
Blackfyre
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Blackfyre

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 am

Exuro shook his head. "They didn't do anything. You chose to change to stay with them. They didn't make you do anything." He replied, lazily making his way over the cobbled path towards the market stalls that were already crammed with masses of people hollering their new prices, desperate for a sale. "Seems more your domain than mine..."
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:57 am

Saki let her nose lead her through the wall of people, following the smell of bread. She wasn't expecting a great deal as they were low on money but any sort of sustenance for the road would be useful. As she weaved through the crowd Saki noticed that prices were unnaturally high in this area. Saki spotted the sight of bread and her pace quickened. "Finally!" She exclaimed when she was stood before the owner of the stall. "Pardon me, Sir, but how much is one loaf of your bread?"
Back to top Go down
Blackfyre
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Blackfyre

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:59 am

The bearded man looked up from his stock counting to glare at Saki. "Traveler eh? Three gold, no cheaper. I know your kind. Pockets lined with lint and nothing more. Sickening. Can't afford it? Go else where. People around here have to pay these prices. I'm the only one who makes bread." He snapped.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Saki gawked at him as if he was speaking some sort of foreign tongue for a moment before regaining control of herself. "You can't be serious? How extortionate can one baker be? All I wanted was a loaf to feed seven mouths. Seven. I can't imagine how anyone survives here!"
Saki spun on her heel but not before her lightning quick reflexes allowed her to snap out a hand and grab a loaf and leaving her only gold piece in its place. "Ex, it's time we left this place," she muttered to the wolf as she began weaving back through the crowd. Saki sighed. "I hate stealing but if that's what it takes to feed us..." She trailed as she listened to the cry of rage as the baker finally realised that he'd been robbed. "What is this world coming to?"
Back to top Go down
Blackfyre
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Blackfyre

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Exuro trailed behind her, weaving around the legs of people before falling into step behind her. "It's extortionate because it's hard to grow things here. A few years back a massive wave hit this place. The salt from the ocean went into the earth and since then....Well the wheat harvest has been extremely trying. He's just trying to feed his own family too." He told her, ears twitching at the few flies that headed in his direction. "It's always so crowded here...Well, Luka should be able to walk soon and we can move on."
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:03 am

Saki smiled but it was without happiness at the mention of Luka's name. "I miss Luka. I can see Luka but it's not the same person I fell in love with. He doesn't even feel the same anymore." She hung her head, her arms falling limp at her side, the bread almost falling from her fingers. "I know I can't expect him to be the same person but, Exuro, I really miss him..." A single tear rolled over her pale cheek and fell to the ground darkening the soil. "I guess I'll have to grit my teeth and bare it."
Back to top Go down
Blackfyre
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Blackfyre

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:30 am

"Do you really have to?" Exuro replied, butting a large rock out of the way with his snout. "It's cruel to stay with him because you feel obliged too. He's a big boy, he can cope with it. Though he's grieving. Even though he's not sure what he's grieving for." He said, sitting in the shade of the large inn as they arrived. "Just be sure to do what you want. You don't have to compensate for him. That's the worse thing to do."
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:22 am

Saki smiled at the wolf, grateful for his company. "You're smarter than you look, y'know?" She laughed without humour before giving out a long sigh. "I don't stay because I have to. I stay because I love him. I just don't know if it's better for me to let him go?" She patted Exuro on the head and ruffled the fur behind his ear. "I suppose I have people to feed and this bread won't stay fresh for long." She held the bread against her bosom and lead the way back to the inn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ikumi watched the boy intently as he played with the water that lapped against him. Since meeting him she had felt strangely protective of the boy, wandering always how he had found himself with their little band. It's odd, she thought, I wasn't even this protective over my own children.
Back to top Go down
Blackfyre
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Blackfyre

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm

"So because I'm full of fur I'm supposed to be stupid?" Exuro teased. He stretched his legs out in front of himself, dry dirt clinging to the soft strands of fur. He laid his head on his legs, tongue lolling out of his mouth with the heat. "I was human once." he murmured. "An awfully long time ago."

Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 am

Saki placed a hand on the wolf's head. "Yes, and in a past life I was a wolf," she said, sarcasm colouring her tone. "I've never been human. I'll never be human. They're food to me and that about covers it. I can fall in love with one, I can befriend a human but at some point they become food, no matter how much I try to avoid it." Her eyes glistened with the threat of tears. "Oh, Ex, I just don't want to hurt anyone any more."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning Star   Morning Star - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morning Star
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ruins of Azreon :: South Western Azreon :: Lake Mi'Ohlan-
Jump to: