Ruins of Azreon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruins of Azreon

Through the ashes of defeat, greatness rises once more

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Morning Star
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 am by Broken Hearted Desire

» Frozen Sunset
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:59 am by Broken Hearted Desire

» Guarding Of The Messenger
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 am by Broken Hearted Desire

» Lily Child
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:37 pm by Broken Hearted Desire

» Crystal Lake
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:29 am by Broken Hearted Desire

» Long First Day
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:33 pm by Roe

» Untimely arrival
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm by Roe

» Do Not Feed IT Anymore...
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:32 pm by Blackfyre

» Music IS my life...
Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:41 am by Dust Killagin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum
Free Teen Chat

Frozen Sunset

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Gold : 5780

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Raya's ears folded back over her head as the storm hit her. Her stark white hair whipped violently in the wind and half blinded her. Raising her hand, she used a single claw to remove the hair from her face and clipped it back. "T...t...there, now you w...w...won't be a problem," she stuttered. "Damn cold," she thought to herself. Her breath could be seen making small clouds that, should it have been any colder, could easily turn to ice in seconds. Even with her natural warmth, she could feel the cold nipping at any skin she left exposed and her body was exhausted with having to work harder to keep warm. Raya refused to give up and pushed her way, further, into the storm.
It wasn't long before a light purple washed the skies above and the Sun began to set in the west. "Such a beautiful sight," she whispered, before curling into a tight secure ball and setting her head to rest in the most comfortable way she could. Her natural body heat was still not quite enough to keep her properly warm and she drifted into a cold uneasy sleep.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Gold : 5428

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:51 pm

The two beasts stamped their cloven hooves as they trudged on, their steaming hot breath lingering in the air as it swirled around them in an eerie fashion. The first, with it's flowing red mane and dazzling cherry coat looked far less than comfortable in the freezing conditions, stamping it's hooves almost angrily to grip the disastrous ground, it's rider, a handsome young man who's features lay hidden beneath the billowing cloak, had a similar look of disdain as he clutched the reins and kicked his mount on.
"I don't understand why you have us traveling in this vulgar weather, Nicholas. I don't trust your visions as much as I used to, I'm about as close to turning around and returning home as this bloody beast wishes to"
He waited a moment and yet no reply came from his silent sibling, who's own mount was as pale as snow with a flickering mane of crystal hairs that caught the remaining light and reflected it elsewhere in a dazzling array of sparkles, it's expression one of calm and collectivness as it's well suited build pulled it's way through the storm.
"Dammit Nick! Where is it we're supposed to be going?"
When again no reply was received he kicked his mount forward and cut off his brother's path.
"...Calm yourself Christian...I do not know where it is we are going only that we must go, besides, if you truly wish to return to our home of ashes and death then do so, but when your body is in ruin and feasted upon by scavengers, do not come crying to me. There is only so much I will do to restore you again..."
His softly spoken words seemed to quell his brother who moved out of the way to again walk at his brother's side, contemplating the cold, creating a soft flame in the palm of his hand, warming his fingers.
"Curse the day I was born to love the warmth"
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Raya woke to hear the sound of vibrations against the ground. She took a quick sniff at the air and her accute sense of smell told her that breakfast had arrived in the nick of time. She hadn't eaten for days and the smell of horse flesh caused her mouth to water. Despite the freezing conditions, Raya's body did not respond the way it had previously to the cold but instead she allowed the smell to take over her bear like senses and she crouched on all fours. Her skin began to tremble and with an almighty roar, her whole figure shifted. Her skin became a coat of pure white fur and her hands and feet became large paws. She roared again and, with that, she bounded away to the east.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Christain's flame extinguished itself as his mount began to behave frantically, it's fiery mane and tail whipping around as it began to rear. His hands gripped the reins as he tried to steady it, vaguely noticing that his twin's horse was acting in a similar manner.
"What's spooking them?!" He yelled across as he managed to gain control again.
Nicholas silenced his own ride, lowering his hood to stare out into the distance, his sparkling eyes of sapphire becoming brightly focused orbs, suddenly snapping back into reality.
"Let's move!" He cracked the reins, his beast's muscular body throwing itself forward, fuelled by both determination to run and fear.
Behind him the flamboyant mount of ember coat raced to catch up, it's skittish nature causing it to run too far behind, looking from side to side as if searching for the unknown danger.
"Nicholas! What's happening?!" Christian whined, kicking his mount's sides to push it on faster.
"We're being hunted" Nicholas answered, his voice calm as they sped away, his eyes searching around.
Without needing much instruction the dagger left it's sheath and remained in Christian's left hand as he held onto the reins with his right.
"Is it wolves? Is it human?!" He asked.
"Bigger, much bigger" Nicholas replied as if unsure.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:23 pm

She could hear the hooves pounding frantically. She had scared them but something else was pushing them fowards...away from her hungry stomach.
This agitated her and a low growl escaped her.
Through the storm, she could make out two deformed shadows. Her prey. She bolted after them much faster than before and after taking a sniff at the air she realised what it was that was pushing them fowards. The two had riders...human riders.
The animals moved quickly but it was never too quick for Raya. She caught up to them within seconds and swiped a claw at the horse closest to her, catching the animals hind.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:58 pm

He had reacted too late. The sudden shriek from his horse was the only warning he received before the startled creature jolted to escape, losing it's footing in a disastrous string of events. His arm became tangled in the flying reins preventing him from falling away from his tumbling beast. In a series of falls the creature fell from it's path, writhing frantically, it's rider trapped beneath it.
"Christian!" Nicholas cried, urging his own mount to return to the scene, stamping it's large hooves in a threatening fashion. He leaped from it's back as it trampled the earth close to it's panicking herd mate, rushing over as quickly as he could, his perfect eyes studying the creature that had caused his brother to become crushed under his own mount.
"You're far larger than the bears back home, so that means you've double the appetite, but you'll not eat my friends today" From under his cloak he withdrew a small pipe, slipping some form of dart into the end, from a short distance away he blew the dart into the attacking bear's pelt, loading another one, ready to reinforce his method.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:09 pm

A victory roar escaped Raya when her prey tumbled to the ground and she edged closer. The smell of blood and flesh filled her nose and she could not help her mouth watering. She was readying herself to eat when the other rider spun back and intruded.
She let a growl to warn him off her prey but he paid no attention to her and instead just studied his companions condition. He then looked her up and down and spoke a few words that, while in her bear form, she could not understand. She saw the male reach from beneath his cloak and let out an almight roar when something hit her in the side. She watched as he drew another dart. She had identified the weapon and growled. She could feel the substance contained within the dart flow through her blood, into her brain. Her vision became blurry and she slumped into a huge furry heap on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:04 pm

With the threat put out of action Nicholas tended to the two on the ground. The horse needed only to be calmed, once it's fear and desperation melted away it became all too easy to roll off of the unconscious Christian. Standing on wobbly legs it limped it's way around the bear to it's watchful companion, who snorted a relieved greeting that it had not become breakfast to some bloodthirsty beast. The storm was far from over but Nicholas proceeded to spread his brother out on the floor, removing the top half of his clothing, exposing him to the elements. His breathing was shallow and through his skin his chattered ribcage remained visible, his weakly beating heart failing to pump vital blood into the rest of his body.
"Be still my brother..." he whispered, placing his hand above the heart which matched the one hidden in his own breast. It took an exhausting couple of hours and his brother had become desperately pale before finally blinking himself awake.
"What happened?..." He muttered, grasping his aching head as his clothes were wrapped back around him by his brother.
"The bear...light a fire, I'm going to bring it some food"
"Why?"
"Because your horse is in no position to carry you and I'm too tired to heal it, the bear would catch us up again in no time and feast on your buttocks. If she stirs she may hurt herself, so I've left another dart in case I'm not back first" As he turned to leave, a blade in his hand, Christian called back to him.
"How did you know it was a girl?"
"...How do you think?, you moron"
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Raya could hear a distant murmur in her unconcious state but she didn't know whether it was her own mind speaking to her or something more real.
She stirred every so slightly and rearranged her position on the ground. The substance which had been injected was beginning to ware off and she could feel her stomach growling at her.
Mmmm, so hungry! The thought of food made her mouth water and her stomach to turn.
Her eyes slowly opened to a face that stared straight at her. The bear growled, unexpectedly, causing the male to jump back. He reached for something that Raya recognised only too well and before any more of the substance could enter her blood, she switched form. Her fur disappeared to leave a fresh layer of skin and her legs became arms and legs once more. Her white hair lengthened from the top of her head to her lower back.
The tiny cloth that she always had tied to her leg was removed and she swung it around herself, covering her naked flesh.
"Don't even think about touching that God damn thing!" She said it as calmly as possible and the male swung around in shock.
"What? Didn't see me there?" She laughed...although the movement hurt her.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:28 am

"You're a...you're a girl?...well there go my hopes of a fluffy winter coat and accessories" He pulled his hand away from the dart pipe and left it to roll harmlessly out of reach.
"...You might wanna sit down for awhile...it's got one hell of an after taste...kinda like a really bad hangover..." He silence himself when he heard a snort from behind him, turning he extended a hand to stroke the comforting muzzle of the beast who had tentatively approached from some distance away, fresh blood drooling down it's rump.
"You're quite the hunter...got some claws on you...but I'd apreciate it if you didnt try and eat my friend...we've been bound since birth and I dont fancy dying as a result of you snacking on my horse" He stroked the animal's face, their eyes meeting for a moment, eyes of the exact same ruby flares. Before he could ask for a name, he could just see his brother's silhouette coming back into the fire's light, dragging behind him two large deer carcasses, freshly killed they looked almost peacful, the wound clean.
"That was fast..." Christain muttered.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

"I am? Well I never knew," she laughed at his stupidity. It took a moment for his just spoken words to register in her mind though and, when they did, her face contorted in rage.
"Did you just say you wanted to make me into a pretty little winter coat?" She snarled at the male.
"YOU keep your hands off of ME!" She tried to scream but it was impossible and instead her head spun violantly.
"Ugh, I'll remember not to move next time..." Her voice trailed also as the animal approached. Again, the smell of flesh hit Raya's nose causing her mouth to water.
Mmmmmmmmm, damn animal!
She smiled when he said that she was a good hunter but then a pink hue appeared above her pale cheeks. She felt guilty for attacking his partner and felt worse when she saw the connection between them. She hung her head in shame.
She heard the male mutter something quietly, but didn't quite catch what he said.
"Hm, what was that?" She questioned, before looking around curiously. Then she realised that the other male had disappeared.
"Wha...where'd your friend go?"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:27 am

Christian merely smiled as Nicholas set the two carcasses down, setting to work about removing the head of the first of them silently.
"He's insuring that you don't hunger for horse again" he said with a grin, watching as his brother expertly skinned the first deer, blood staining the floor as the scent filled the air.
"Cooked or raw?" He seemed to ask no one in particular and the only indication that the question had been aimed toward the bear girl was when Christian gestured to her.
"He's a pretty good cook, you wouldn't regret trying it"

Last edited by Unitarelic on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:42 pm

"Ah, that's where he went." She smiled back at the male.
"Ya know, I just don't think I could do it," she said quietly. "Eating those horses seems so wrong to me now." While the male watched his companion skin the deer, the smell of freshly spilt blood filled her nostrils and her senses flared. She couldn't help herself but lean towards the calling flesh.
Shush! She thought as her stomach growled at the smell of fresh food.
"Hm?" She responded simply before giving a proper answer.
"Oh right, um, well there's two so I'll TRY your friends cooking but I've always prefered it raw." Her cheeks flushed as she let her feeding habits slip through her lips and she pursed them tightly.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Nicholas gave a light nod, cracking open the deer's rib cage, flesh tearing to allow the still warm organs to be fully exposed to the cold rushing air. Using it's own skin as a plate he dragged the carcass before the bear girl then took his seat next to the second.
"Enjoy" He said, glancing from the girl to the deer. He quickly began preparing the deer, calling forward his mount to extract some form of flavoured herbs from it's saddlebag. He sprinkled them over the meat and almost seemed to massage them in before finally tearing larger chunks away to be held over the fire who's flames licked the meat almost as hungrily as Christian looked on.
The meat cooked unbelievably fast although by the time Christian had seized his it was still a pinkish colour, apparently he liked to savour the freshness of the kill. The other pieces of meat were rolled into small envelopes of it's own pelt then passed around so that they each had a fair amount to feast upon.
"The fire is warm and so is the food, enjoy" Christian chimed, raising an arm to stroke his horse's warm cheek.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:09 pm

When she heard the crack, her head snapped to the side. The rib cage of the animal had been torn open, its organs exposed. She sniffed the air, allowing the scent to fill her.
"Mmmm, I'm sure I will," she said hungrily. Letting her bear senses take over, she ate the beast quickly and cleanly, not wasting one little bit of flesh. She licked the last of the blood from her lips and put a hand on her stomach.
"Thank you," she smiled at the male, who had begun to cut and cook the second deer. Raya had seen miracles, but the speed in which the meat cooked was extraordinary. The second male had already begun eating but she decided to be patient and waited for the meat to cook through. She watched as the skilled hunter wrapped the meat and passed it around. Raya took her share and sniffed it, hesitating only for a second, before unwrapping the meat and eating it slowly. She had to admit, the meat was quite nice cooked and she had to hand it to them, they were pretty nice people...so far.
"Again, I must thank you. You have been very good to me, even after I attacked you." She hung her head shamefully.
"I have yet to apologise for that don't I?" She asked the question because she could not remember very much after being darted the way she was. The sedative was still faint in her system and it would continue to do so until a nice long dose of sleep...she hoped.
"I apologise if I am being rude but, who exactly are you? Also, why are you here?" She wasn't expecting much of answer, as they were still picking at their food and she didn't want to interupt them too much...they looked like they needed it just as much as she did.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:46 pm

With Christian's mouth full of the blood red meat, the task of answering her multiple questions fell to Nicholas, who lifted his head, setting down his untouched meal upon the floor.
"My name is Nicholas, this is my brother, Christian. Our home was...destroyed, so we're travelling as far as we can away from it...to perhaps find our sister" He half smiled, a gesture that looked strange on his solemn pale skin.
"Also, you don't need to thank us for the food, had you not attacked out of hunger, we ourselves would not have stopped for another few days...and by then neither of us would have had the energy to hunt, so it is us that should rightfully be thanking you" He bowed his head to her and once again took up his meal, taking a large bite out of the warm flesh, swallowing it down without chewing it. Christian let out a small laugh, grinning as he swallowed the last of his portion.
"Though we may be thankful for that, I doubt Kaelem here will...treasure the scar" He continued to chuckle as his horse butted him in the spine, nickering softly until he stroked it's forehead in apology, their eyes meeting in unison once more.
"My sincerest apologies if I appear rude, but we have yet to learn your name...and until just recently, shape shifting was mere myth to us, I would very much like to learn what race you hail from, and where you make your home, unless of course, you too are travelling?"
As he spoke, Nicholas replaced the dart pipe into the folds of his cloak where he also began to secure small envelopes of meat, for when they returned to their journey.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:00 am

"Well, it is very nice to meet the both of you." She said this smiling, almost like she was greeting a friend she had not seen for a long time.
"Destroyed?" She asked this, her face fashioned into a curious look but her eyes showed a look of despair as she remember the village that she had once lived. The wild folk with their burning torches passing through the village burning and murdering as they went. Her family killed in the process. A small child sat in the corner as they infiltrated the home, crying endless tears for her broken family. The men held their weapons high, about to strike, when the child had roared and shifted to the form of a bear. Only a small bear but the men ran and she was left to mourn for her family.
Nicholas' words dragged her from the memory of her childhood and she happily concentrated on him.
"Mm, yes you may be right but if I had not attacked you then Christian's horse would not be in any way injured and therefore, after the way I attacked you, the thanks are to you." She returned the gesture to the brothers. She watched as Nicholas ate the meat, slightly ravenously. It reminded her of herself and she laughed.
"Ah yes. I am extremely sorry for any damage done and it shouldn't scar too badly." She looked at Christian with apologetic eyes, before turning to the horse. She looked at it in the same way she had look its owner. The horse turned to butt Christian but before she could laugh the connection she saw earlier placed the same guilt in her heart as it had before.
"Firstly, you don't appear rude, I fully understand. Secondly, my name is Raya. It is unfortunate that I cannot answer that. I know not what species I am decended from and my home was destroyed when I was young...my family along with it." The same look of despair entered her eyes and she hung her head. She watched from beneath the layer of hair which hung slightly over her eyes as Nicholas wrapped the meat.
"I hate to ask but I have no particular destination and I was considering joining you." She asked in desperation and looked apologetically at the male.
"I promise not to attack the horse again," she laughed. Although she laughed, she was still bracing herself for lonliness if the two of them refused. If she was refused, she knew not where to go. Maybe she would return to the same place she was running from. The bodies of her family decayed and broken...her house standing decrepid in the dim light of the mountains. She pulled herself away from the thought and looked, again, at the brothers.
The one named Nicholas was still wrapping meat when she returned to the real world.
"Huh? Did I miss something?" She asked, dazed after falling back to reality.

Last edited by Broken Hearted Desire on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wasn't complete)
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Nicholas' face was aglow with the same, unnatural friendly smile that hardly suited him but was filled with light, however, his eyes were searching, they stared into hers as she seemed to drift into thought, his gaze breaking as she composed herself.
"You're a curious one, I'll give you that...and you don't need to worry about the horse...he doesn't mind really...or else, you can be sure, he would have trampled you to death while you slept..." He forced a laugh but continued to wrap the rest of the meat, standing to secure some of it to the saddle bags, handing a few bundles to Christian, and a few to Raya.
"If you haven't a destination then I can hardly refuse you, though I can't guarantee a safe or delightful journey...accidents happen..."
"Wait wait wait....we're taking her?" Christian burst out, still eating his multiple portions.
"If she wants to go then we can hardly say n-"
"Cool!" Was Christians excited reply. Nicholas smiled at his brother then stepped over to his horse, checking the wound he had yet to heal. A faint glow from his hand and the blood red scratch marks faded into nothingness.
"We're ready to go...Raya, if you want to join our rather small party, then I'd like you to ride with us to...Arianwen" He gestured to his horse and she stepped over to him calmly, rubbing her face into his spine lovingly.
"I don't doubt you're a fast runner, but the nearest town may frown upon a bear romping around it's outskirts...it's earthen in nature...we can see about getting you one of their horses before we move on..." He turned to hear a complaining Christian.
"Slow down! I doubt she's heard a word of what you're saying and you've probably confused the horses" He turned to Raya and grinned.
"Basically, jump on the horse and we'll buy you one in the next town, welcome to the team"
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am

It pleased her to see a returning smile...whether or not it belonged on the wearer was another matter entirely.
She laughed as he spoke only halting when she though of the damage the horse could do.
"Hm, I do wonder how powerful this creature is compared to me," she hinted with a playful smile. When no reply came she merely sat and listened.
"Accidents? I'm sure I can survive it. I have survived many years on my own, I mean how bad can it get?" She asked, with courage glowing in her voice.
"Wait wait wait...we're taking her?" Christians outburst took Raya by surprise and a flash of pain swept her face. Did he dislike her? But for what reason? Once more she was surprised by his suddenly enthusiastic attitude.
This boy is messed up! The thought crossed her mind for only a second, for she was distracted by the glow protruding from Nicholas' hand. She watched it fade away gently, the light dancing in her eyes.
She jumped and Nicholas spoke, breaking her concentration on the light.
"You want me to get on a horse with you? Why is it I can't run? I am fast enough." Did he think she wouldn't be able to keep up? If that was the case then she would put it right.
The words exiting Nicholas' mouth confused her and Christian spotted this. She smiled back at him in thanks.
"Okay, so I'm getting on the horse because people don't like bears?" She asked, with a humourous tone.
"Oh and thanks for letting me join you. It's nice to have a destination for once," she smiled at the brothers, standing and stepping cautiously towards the horse. She allowed the horse to sniff at her before taking any further actions. When she thought it safe, she lifted herself onto the horse and made it clear she was ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:50 pm

"Ah, but you see we don't have a destination as such...and after several attempts we've so far failed to reach the southern kingdom...where we think our sister was taken..at every turn there's...something or other blocking our path..." Nicholas was interrupted as he too mounted his horse.
"And apparently it's aaaaaall too much of a coincidence for mister icicle" Christian proceeded to called out, pulling himself onto his mount in a swift, practiced set of movements, flicking his hood back over his head, his features enveloped in shadow once more as he settled into the saddle.
"That's what I believe...but what's even more likely to happen is that you'll all be agreeing with me someday..."
Christian shook his head softly, taking up the reins as his horse started trotting away, Nicholas following suit.
"The people of the town are very suspicious of newcomers, it's been rebuilt several times in the last few years after having the same unpleasant experience as our home...they're secluded in their own little valley and it's been more cost effective to simply rebuild..."
"Yeah right, they're all just too scared to fight back and you know it! All they do is roll over!" Nicholas ignored his brother's outburst, steering them toward the distant glow which was the town.
"It's just better if we avoid suspicion, besides, bear meat is a delicacy and I'd feel bad if I made you walk..." Nicholas half smiled, feeling his brother's eyes burning into him after being ignored.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 pm

"Well there you go. There's your destination. The southern kingdom is your destination and I'm sure with concentration and help, you can overcome anything that blocks your way. You both seem quite capable of it." She felt the horse jostle when Nicholas mounted.
"I hope you don't mind," she said as she gripped his sides tightly. She had never riden on horseback and was nervous, to say the least.
She let out a laugh at Christian's use of a nickname for his sibling. She had noticed the difference between them at the start. Christian had seemed more...fiery, so to speak. His eyes had given that away, especially when compared with Nicholas'. His were a clear, ice blue.
"Maybe we will believe you but we had better challenge your theory first and I don't fancy giving up without a fight..." She paused for a second to think. "This is of course if I am welcome to come along?" She thought it would be rude if she just happened to tag along without their consent. It was after all their goal and their path she was on now.
"I see. Well, I'll keep my birth nature quiet then?" She managed to push her question in before Christian burst out. She laughed very quietly and then went back to listening to Nic.
She flinched when he mentioned bear meat and the concequences of walking into the town as a bear.
"I might remind you that I wouldn't be walking so there would be no need to feel bad and, trust me, I would hate for them to kill this bear for meat when all they'd be left with is the mangled body of a girl. That's how it works. I die as a bear, I transform into a girl. I die as a girl and I stay as a girl." She chuckled.
"I'm sure they would be very disappointed to find that their prize bear was actually an innocent girl. No meat and the guilt of a death on their hands." She looked at the twins with a look saying 'I think you get it' and laughed.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Christian nodded thoughtfully, a grin appearing as Arianwen pulled up beside his mount, falling into step with Kaelem, a mischievous look held deep in her eyes, the two equines turning their heads to nip at one another while still managing to walk in their assigned forward .
"Oh they might feel guilt,Princess...but among other things they're likely to name you as a witch, and that wouldn't be very good for us, rather be a steak than burned alive at one" He chuckled, expecting some form of reaction from Nicholas, rolling his eyes when he remained straight faced, his icy eyes focused of the dim orange glow of the still distant town, the unheard echo of the busy streets from before the sun set still cascading through the desolate badlands.
"Sooo...Mr I'msoamazing...what dish shall you dine upon for breakfast in the morning?" It was several minutes before Christian continued to speak, his lighthearted voice hardly seemed to give a care for what he uttered, he simply enjoyed poking fun at his twin, who upon closer inspection, appeared not to be listening.
"-and of course there's sleeping arrangements, I mean one of us will have to share with Raya right? So what are your views on-" He hadn't quite reached the end of his sentence when Nicholas finally snapped back to the conversation, whipping his head round in confusion.
"What?!" He blinked, his features blank as he waited for Christian's amused smile to start forming words.
"I thought you'd hear that one" He smirked, glancing forward as the horses trudged over a mound like formation, they'd reached the town which sat isolated inside a ring of cliffs, looking down on it they were left with the task of descending down the steep mound of earth, it's usually soft texture hardened with the recurring cold.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Raya laughed hysterically at the thought of sharing a bed with either of them. She could imagine it...transforming into a bear at the last moment, just when one of them had got comfortable. It only made her laugh harder.
She looked down over the mound, choosing to close her eyes and pretend she was flying instead of actually riding down it on horseback.
"So how much further to the town? I don't really like horses and my stomach won't handle much more of this." She smiled, although it did not touch her eyes. She went back to daydreaming about flying among the clouds and let herself relax.
She hummed softly to herself, waiting for the moment her companions would snap her out of her daydream.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Unitarelic

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:00 pm

"Half an hour at least" Nicholas said, carefully tugging on the reigns so that his mount would walk the safest path down the mound, which became even steeper as they descended, once they reached the bottom, it would be a few minutes ride into town, hopefully there would be somewhere to rest, but first they needed to reach the bottom.
Nicholas found it easier than Christian to navigate a safe path down, Kaelem continually slipped and lost his footing, pausing and refusing to go on. It was frustrating, but they made it.
"We'll try and get you used to riding a bit more, it may be more helpful for when buy you your own horse..." Nicholas added thoughtfully, he knew she'd be okay on foot, but was still compelled to buy her a steed of her own, the ground would change constantly underfoot and there was nothing like a Terra Constans walking horse to ease a journey, despite the twins own equines being two variations from far off lands they were still suited to any ground. They would soon be in a different region altogether, Nicholas had no idea which kind of equines were bred there, so it was best to purchase one they were a little more familiar with he would know which to buy at a glance of the stocky build Kaelem and Arianwen possessed themselves.
A little before entering the wide open gates of the town, Nicholas dismounted, guiding their small party through the empty streets, there was an inn somewhere, all they had to do was seek it out.
Back to top Go down
Broken Hearted Desire
Ruins Member
Ruins Member
Broken Hearted Desire

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Raya was daydreaming so she couldn't be sure, but she swore she heard one of her two companions mention her getting her own horse.
"Um...I don't think I need my own horse," she started, "it would just get in the way. Besides, I like to run." She really did not want a horse, despite the people's love for bear meat.
Raya opened her eyes timidly and found that Nicholas had dismounted. She followed suit, uncomfortable with riding on her own.
"I hate to bring it up after Christians unnecessary worries," she almost choked in attempt to stop herself from laughing, "but what exactly will be the sleeping arrangements?" Her eyes were set on the back of Nicholas' head, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frozen Sunset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Sunset   Frozen Sunset I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frozen Sunset
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ruins of Azreon :: Northern Azreon :: Azreon High-
Jump to: